- EJK Award Ceremony, includes a lively Q&A
- Silent Auction Soiree, master class on illustration
- Mock EJK Award Panel
- The Snowy Day's Legacy, insights from former EJK Award winners
EJK Award Illustrators
Heidi Woodward Sheffield, Steve Small, & Victoria Tentler-Krylov
EJK Award Writers
Tricia Elam Walker, Jarrett & Jerome Pumphrey, Raymond Antrobus
Pat Cummings, Oge Mora, Meg Medina, Sydney Smith & Mike Curato
EJK Award and Honor winners are featured in webinars and conferences on a variety of topics throughout our 35th anniversary year.
(Clockwise from top left: Meg Medina, Shadra Strickland, Shirin Yim Bridges, Don Tate)
Virtual and In-Person learning tools support teachers and librarians who want to use more diverse children’s literature in their classrooms and programs.
- Book Discussion Guides develop active and critical reading skills
- Mock EJK Award lesson plans promote interactive engagement
- Read Aloud guide for all age groups
Read the book, play the game, listen to the beat-box read-aloud. Plus, find activities, lesson plans and videos.