An insightful portrait of the giants, past and present, who have advanced diversity in picture books, highlighting the power of children seeing themselves in books.
Tools for Teachers & Librarians
Virtual and In-Person learning tools support teachers and librarians who want to use more diverse children’s literature in their classrooms and programs.
• Book Discussion Guides develop active and critical reading skills
• Mock EJK Award lesson plans promote interactive engagement
• Read Aloud Guide for all age groups
- How to adapt the program for children of all ages
- Virtual and In-Person lesson plans
- Sample criteria and a sample voting process
- Art project ideas and clip art
Read the book, play the game, listen to the beat-box read-aloud. Plus, find activities, lesson plans and videos.