An insightful portrait of the giants, past and present, who have advanced diversity in picture books, highlighting the power of children seeing themselves in books.
Engage your students in the power of picture books
Bookmaking is an exciting way for children to see themselves in the books they read and to help them establish an ongoing relationship with books. The competition reaches students at all grade levels and all levels of expertise.
NEW: On Demand Bookmaking Video Tutorials
Virtual and In-Person learning tools support teachers and librarians who want to use more diverse children’s literature in their classrooms and programs.
• Book Discussion Guides develop active and critical reading skills
• Mock EJK Award lesson plans promote interactive engagement
• Read Aloud Guide for all age groups
- How to adapt the program for children of all ages
- Virtual and In-Person lesson plans
- Sample criteria and a sample voting process
- Art project ideas and clip art
Read the book, play the game, listen to the beat-box read-aloud. Plus, find activities, lesson plans and videos.