Before you begin:
School eligibility criteria
According to the guidelines set down by our Board of Trustees, the EJK Foundation can support programs in public schools and public libraries anywhere in the United States and its protectorates. To qualify for funding from the EJK Foundation, the Board of Trustees requires that schools meet the following criteria:
- The curriculum, pay scale, budgets and rules must be created, controlled and administered by the local public Department of Education.
- The quality assessment and viability of a school must be entirely in the purview of the Department of Education.
- Teachers must be licensed as qualified instructors by the Department of Education.
- Teachers on staff are union members and have union representation.
- The operation of the school does not earn profits for shareholders of corporations designed to treat the creation, housing or management of the school as a money-making operation.
What a Mini-Grant would pay for
Any materials intended for use in program activities, such as supplies for:
- and much more!
What a Mini-Grant would not pay for
- general operating costs
- administrative costs
- books or equipment unrelated to the program or intended for reuse outside the program.