“The Snowy Day and the Art of Ezra Jack Keats” was the first major exhibition in this country to pay tribute to the award-winning author and illustrator. Organized by the Jewish Museum in New York City and coinciding with the 50th anniversary of The Snowy Day, the retrospective featured original artwork and personal papers from the Keats Archive and delves into Keats’s background, beliefs, inventiveness and influence.
Tour locations and dates:
• The Jewish Museum, New York: September 9, 2011–January 29, 2012 (a video gallery tour is ongoing)
• Eric Carle Museum of Picture Book Art, Amherst, Massachusetts: June 26–October 14, 2012
• Contemporary Jewish Museum, San Francisco: November 15, 2012–February 24, 2013
• Akron Art Museum, Akron, Ohio: March 16–June 30, 2013
• National Museum of American Jewish History, Philadelphia: July 19–October 20, 2013
• Skirball Cultural Center, Los Angeles: April 10–September 7, 2014